Strategically located, near the church, our hostel is one of the oldest house of the ancient city.
Totally restored and redesigned, this beautiful house which has four floors is nowadays a confortable and warm accommodation for 15 people.
With a large experience as traveller, we want to offer the pilgrim a homely and friendly ambient. This house is fully equipped and prepared as a normal house, with the intention to welcome you in your stops at night, rest, share experiences and meet other travellers.
Near the hostel, on the alleys of the fortified village, you can find restaurants, shops and all kind of services.
Books can be made at the web: http://www.ultreia64.fr/es/
- Bed in a shared room: from 16 to 17 €.
- Double room: from 44 to 48 €.
- Breakfast: 5 €.
- 2 big bedrooms with 4 and 7 beds. (2 bunk bed).
- 1 bedroom with a double bed, bathroom and balcony.
1 double o triple bedroom with single beds and outdoor terrace.
Beds are equipped with bedspreads, blankets and pillowcases.
- 4 bathrooms for 15 people.
- The hostel's kitchen, well equipped, has a terrace and it is at pilgrims' disposition for dinner.
- Free wi-fi and extensive information about the Camino de Santiago and the Pyrenees.
- Bicycles' receipt before your arrival (5 euros for bicycle).
"In the Basque Country, the Camino de Santiago crosses a mountain called Puerto de Cize... To cross it, you will travel 8 miles of ascention and the same for going down. This mountain is so high, that seems it is touching the sky; everyone who climbs to the top, thinks that can touch the sky with his/her own hand ..."
A French Monk called Aimery Picaud, described this stage in the first "Pilgrim Guide" ever written in 1135!
Millions of pilgrims and lots of ages since the beginning, the mountain is in same place and the pilgrim is comfortable with the same journey to Roncesvalles. We have to move forward carefully because the stage has 27 kilometers and 1200 m of slope. But we will be there preparing the journey with you, and to transform this legendary and wonderful stage in a great moment.